Alt Bridge Project – Supporting people aged 16+ with Employabilityby Dawn Tedcastle - Friday, October 4th, 2013
This post is in: News
Greenbank College delivers education opportunities within the local community and over the summer we were successful in securing a contract with Knowsley Borough Council to offer employability training to post 16 students at Alt Bridge Secondary Support Centre.
This includes practical sessions, group work and one-to-one work support covering:
- How to realise aspirations
- Understanding of the world of work exploring fears and expectations, self-belief and confidence
- Qualities, attitudes and skills required for work
- Work options including volunteering, supported employment
- Communication, teamwork and problem solving
Employers will also be involved through work placements, mock interviews and visits.