City & Guilds Level 2 Certificate for Introduction to Customer Service
Units have different credit values and to achieve the Certificate students must gain a total of 28 credits.
- Communicate using customer service language
- Follow the rules to deliver customer service
Worth 8 credits
- Maintain a positive and customer-friendly attitude
- Do your job in a customer friendly way
- Recognise and deal with customer queries, requests and problems
- Deal with customers face to face
20 credits must be achieved
Who is the course for?
The Level 2 NVQ Certificate in Customer Services qualification provides the step towards a career dealing with customers. The qualification provides elements that are needed to enable learners to work on a range of practical skills in a real working environment.
To gain this qualification you will need to evidence that you have undertaken each unit. A qualified tutor will assess you using:
- Observations – direct observation by your tutor watching you produce work
- Oral questions – direct questions asked by your tutor to check your understanding
- Written questions – questions you must answer in order to check your understanding of the subject area
Students are required to have an English and maths qualification at Level 1 or above, good handwriting skills and a good telephone manner.
Future opportunities / career options
- Call centres
When is the course run?
Monday 1 – 4pm, Tuesday 1 – 4pm & Thursday 1 – 4pm starting Monday 12 September 2016
Courses are free for all students aged 16 – 18 (or up to 24 if you declare a disability and have an Education, Health & Care Plan).