ABC Level 2 Award in Counselling Concepts
- The professional context of counselling – Learners will develop an understanding of what counselling is. They will learn about the importance of creating the correct environment and the right ethos for the helping relationship to be successful.
- Communication skills in helping relationships – learners will explore effective communication skills used in helping relationships. They will demonstrate a range of listening and responding skills.
- An introduction to personal development – learners will have the opportunity to reflect on their personal development and identify areas for development in the future.
Who is the course for?
Adult learners with an interest in counselling as a career or in using counselling skills within their role.
- 4 short written assignments
- 1 observed skills practice of up to 20 minutes duration
- An interest in counselling
- The ability to work at Level 2
When is the course run?
Tuesday 4.30 – 7.30pm starting Tuesday 28 February 2017