City & Guilds Entry 1 Functional Skills Mathematics
The course will include working on the following topics:
- Understanding and use numbers
- Methods for addition and subtraction
- Solving problems using addition and subtraction
- Recognising coins and notes, counting money and finding change
- Describing the properties of size and measure by looking at length, width, height and weight, making simple comparisons
- Recognise and name common 2D and 3D shapes
Who is the course for?
This course is suitable for learners who
- have no previous maths qualifications.
- are taking a vocational course for which maths is needed
- would like to brush up on their maths skills in order to start a vocational programme
At the end of the course there will be a paper based test which will cover all topics. You will be allowed to use a calculator in the test, and will have an hour to answer all the questions.
You will get your results in the same week and guidance about progression routes.
To start on this course you need to show at Initial Assessment that this is a suitable level for your current skills. You will be asked to complete a diagnostic assessment to confirm that this is the correct level.
Future opportunities / career options
By completing this course, learners will be able to progress to progress to Entry Level 2 Maths.