City & Guilds Entry 2 Functional Skills Mathematics
The course will include working on the following topics:
- Understanding whole numbers
- Solving problems using addition, subtraction and times tables facts
- Find quarters of shapes and numbers
- Understand time on digital and analogue clocks
- Counting money and finding change
- Measurements using metric units
- Names of 2D and 3D shapes
- Handling data, including tables and bar charts
Who is the course for?
This course is suitable for students who:
- have achieved Entry Level 1 Functional Skills
- are taking a vocational course for which maths is needed
- would like to brush up on their maths skills in order to start a vocational programme
At the end of the course there will be a paper based test which will cover all topics. You will be allowed to use a calculator in the test, and will have an hour to answer all the questions.
You will get your results in the same week and guidance about progression routes.
To start on this course you need to show at initial assessment that this is a suitable level for your current skills. You will be asked to complete a diagnostic assessment to confirm that this is the correct level.
Future opportunities / career options
This course prepares you for progression to the Entry Level 3 Functional Skills Maths course, or for progression to an Entry Level 3 vocational course.