Maths for Everyday Life
- To improve students’ problem solving skills
- To be able to use maths associated with everyday life
- To be able to get information from a list. For example, bus and train timetables, film listings, ingredients required for recipes
- To show basic budgeting skills and introduce notes and coins
- To complete an in class project based on real life situations where maths needs to be used
Who is the course for?
This course is aimed at students who are 16 years or over who do not yet have the skills to progress to an accredited course.
To start on this course you need to show at Initial Assessment that this is a suitable level for your current skills. You will be asked to complete a diagnostic assessment to confirm that this is the correct level.
Future opportunities / career options
Completion of this course will enable learners to progress to Entry Level 1 qualifications.