Sports Leaders UK Level 3 Certificate in Higher Sports Leadership
- Developing leadership skills
- Provision of sport within the community
- Lead sessions designed to improve fitness
- Organise and lead a sports event or competition
- Legal and ethical responsibilities when working with others
- Lead sport/activity sessions for children*
- Lead sport/activity sessions for older people*
- Lead sport/activity sessions for disabled people*
- Basic First Aid certificate
*Two units out of the three must be chosen
Who is the course for?
This course is for people who have an interest and who are looking for a career in Sport and leadership. Learners must be aged 16 or above. Learners must have completed the Level 2 Award in Community Sports Leadership qualification.
- Written assessment and interview
- Completion of log book
- 30 hours community sports volunteering
Students must have achieved or are working towards a Level 1 English qualification.
Future opportunities / career options
Volunteer experience at sporting events and competitions.
When is the course run?
Monday 1 – 4pm starting Monday 12 September 2016
Courses are free for all students aged 16 – 18 (or up to 24 if you declare a disability and have an Education, Health & Care Plan).
For people aged 19+ the course fee is £400. Not everyone pays course fees, please see Money Matters for further information.