In April this year a new funding system was introduced for people aged 24 and over. The 24+ Learning Loan is for people who want to achieve a Level 3 or Level 4 qualification or an advanced or higher apprenticeship. Eligibility for the loan depends on the type of course, course fees and the maximum loan available for your course.
Key Facts about the 24+ Learning Loan
- Available to anyone aged 24 and over and resident in the UK
- The course must start on or after 1 August 2013
- The minimum level of loan that can be applied for is £300
- You do not pay back the loan until you start earning over £21,000
- The loan does not need to be paid back until the course has finished meaning there will not be any upfront costs
Which Courses are eligible at Greenbank College?
We currently have 4 qualifications eligible for the 24+ Learning Loan in Business and Administration, Customer Service and Personal Training.
What do I need to apply for the 24+ Learning Loan?
Once you have been offered a place on a course at Greenbank College we will send you a ‘Learning and funding information’ letter which contains details about your course. You will need this information to apply for your loan.
How do I apply for 24+ Learning Loan?
To apply for a loan for courses that start between 1 August 2013 and 31 July 2014 visit https://www.gov.uk/advanced-learning-loans/how-to-claim to apply online or download the forms.