Equality means treating everyone in a fair way regardless of his or her gender, race, disability, ethnicity, age or faith, etc.
To practice and achieve equality we must:
- Treat everyone equally regardless of the background, circumstances or lifestyle
- Tackle inequality
- Create groups, organisations and societies that are inclusive
- Celebrate differences within the workplace and the community
- Change peoples’ way of thinking and their actions
- Enable the exploration of personal beliefs and values
Diversity means difference. A diverse community is made up of people from all different backgrounds. Embracing diversity in the community has many benefits. People become more tolerant to differences, have an understanding of the different qualities people bring to the community depending on their background and have less prejudiced or racist attitudes.
How much do you know about Equality and Diversity?
Take our Equality and Diversity quiz to find out.
Want to find out more about Equality and Diversity?
Sign up for our Equality and Diversity course.